The CECV was restructured and incorporated on 23 May 2006.
The Archbishop of Melbourne and the Bishops of Ballarat, Sandhurst and Sale are the members of the CECV. The Board of the CECV comprises eight directors, including:
- an Auxiliary Bishop of the Archdiocese of Melbourne
- the Executive Director of Catholic Education Melbourne
- the Business Manager of the Archdiocese of Melbourne
- the directors of Catholic education offices in the dioceses of Ballarat, Sale and Sandhurst
- a Catholic priest
- a representative involved in Catholic education.