CECV Guidelines on the Engagement of Contractors
The CECV Guidelines on the Engagement of Contractors may be used when engaging independent contractors, such as:
- instrumental music tutors or sports coaches
- IT consultants
- contract cleaners, plumbers, electricians, painters, builders and other maintenance workers.
The guidelines aim to provide schools with step-by-step information as to the process of selecting and engaging contractors. In particular, they seek to assist employers in meeting the Victorian Child Safe Standards and Ministerial Order No.870.
They also contain various templates for use by schools.
Guide for the Engagement of External Labour Providers and Casuals
The Guide for the Engagement of External Labour Providers and Casuals aims to:
- summarise the options available to schools with a need to engage external labour providers or casuals
- assist schools in identifying the most appropriate option to use for engaging external labour providers or casuals
- provide schools with information regarding the legal entitlement of external labour providers and casuals (for example, in relation to superannuation and workers' compensation).
The following template letters may be used to engage external labour providers and independent contractors.
||Provision of instructor services or like services by a natural person on behalf of the schools to students
||Provision of instructor services or like services by a company on behalf of the school to students
||Provision of services by a natural person to a school
||Provision of services by a company to a school
||Provision of emergency teacher services to the school