The CECV has developed a number of resources to assist employers in relation to the engagement of independent contractors in Victorian Catholic schools. These resources are as follows:
CECV Guidelines on the Engagement of Contractors
- The CECV Guidelines for the Employment of Staff in Catholic Schools (Guidelines) provide a step by step guide to assist principals and employers with the process of selecting and engaging contractors. In particular, a key focus of the Guidelines is to assist employers to meet the Victorian Child Safe Standards and Ministerial Order No. 870 in relation to the engagement of contractors.
- The Guidelines contains a number of checklists and template documents to assist employers in engaging contractors and meeting legislative requirements in relation to the Victorian Child Safe Standards and Ministerial Order No. 870.
Engaging External Labour Providers and Casuals
This Guide aims to:
- summarise the options available to schools with a need to engage external labour providers or casuals
- assist schools to identify the most appropriate option for use for engaging external labour providers or casuals
- provide schools with information regarding the relevant legal framework and risks in engaging external labour providers or casuals
- provide schools with information regarding the legal entitlements of external labour providers and casuals (for example, in relation to superannuation and workers’ compensation)
- direct schools to other useful resources relating to engaging external labour providers and casuals.
Template letters of engagement for contractors