In 2021, the Bishop-members of Catholic Education Commission Victoria Ltd. (CECV) commissioned an independent review into the role, governance and operations of CECV, including its shared secretariat with Melbourne Archdiocese Catholic Schools. Through extensive consultation and feedback, the review panel identified a number of opportunities to strengthen CECV and enhance the support provided to the 500 Catholic schools in our/its growing network.
In their response to the review, the Bishops announced in October 2022, that the CECV would have a dedicated Executive Director, and establish its own secretariat with its own staff and resources. The CECV Implementation Committee was appointed in 2023 to implement the Bishops’ directives for the CECV and consider any other recommendations made by the review panel.
The Archbishop of Melbourne and the Bishops of Ballarat, Sandhurst and Sale are the members of the CECV. The Board of the CECV comprises eight directors, including:
- an Auxiliary Bishop of the Archdiocese of Melbourne
- the Executive Director of MACS
- the Business Manager of the Archdiocese of Melbourne
- the directors of Catholic education offices in the dioceses of Ballarat, Sale and Sandhurst
- a Catholic priest
- a representative involved in Catholic education.