Access and affordability

Catholic education in Victoria is strongly committed to the principles of social justice and the dignity of the human person.

Catholic schools make it a priority, therefore, to create an environment in which all parents and families feel welcomed, valued and supported.

Government support


In country areas and some outer metropolitan areas, students who reside 4.8km or more from their nearest Catholic school may be eligible for transport support. In locations where there is not enough demand to run free school bus transport, the Victorian Government provides a conveyance allowance to help with travel costs.

For more information, first contact your child’s school. If further information is required, see  or

Public Transport Concessions

In Victoria, all students aged 17 and under can automatically travel on public transport at a concession rate. All students are eligible for a statewide Victorian Public Transport (VPT) Student Concession Card, which is required for purchasing a student transport pass.

School-based support


If you have any concerns regarding payment of school fees or charges, you are encouraged to discuss these at any time with the principal of your child’s school. Where appropriate, you will be able to make alternative arrangements to pay the fees.

Interpreting and translating services

All schools are able to provide access to interpreting and translating services free of charge. Parents of students from non-English-speaking backgrounds may request schools to provide interpreters for parent–teacher interviews and information sessions. Schools are also able to use the service to translate school notices.

Out of School Hours Care program (OSHC)

Some of our schools offer before- and after-school care and school holiday programs. You may contact your child’s school for more information. Parents using these services may also be able to access the Australian Government Child Care Benefit.


Some of our schools offer scholarships for prospective students and those already attending their schools. You may contact your child’s school for more information.

Textbooks, equipment and ICT

Some textbooks, stationery and equipment will be provided by the school and a charge levied to the parent. Each student will be given a list of textbooks and equipment required. Many schools assist parents to buy and sell second-hand books. You may contact your child’s school for more information.


Your child’s school determines the uniform to be worn by all students. In addition, a sports uniform will usually be required. In some schools, parents can buy new or second-hand uniforms through a uniform shop. You may contact your child’s school for more information.